Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Planning Our Meals

Supper
Many of our blog posts are not making it to Blogger. They simply disappear when we use the iPhone Blogger App.

We'll try to get all of today's photo uploaded tonight! Today Jack and I sat down and talked about trying to eat healthier foods. We wrote out a list of all the foods I cook for dinners, foods we like, and foods I am not allergic to. Then we added breakfast, lunches and vegetables to the list - different recipes we like and so on.

Then I planned our meals for the next few days based on what's in the fridge that needs to be used up - cauliflower, asparagus, baby carrots, parsnips (so many, what the heck will I do with them!!), brussel sprouts and zucchini for example. And I forgot to put the pot roast in the freezer so I have to cook it tomorrow.

Jill's Pizza
Jack headed out to the grocery store to buy a few things I needed to create our planned meals - and I started making Squash Soup (had 2 butternut squash I needed to use), and tonight's dinner - our Cauliflower based Chicken Pizza. Except I forgot I didn't have any chicken defrosted. So I defrosted some turkey left from Christmas and will use that instead.

Earlier today I prepped the sweet peppers, onion, zucchini and sausage for toppings on our pizza. The sausage is for Jack, the zucchini is for me. So that's good to go, just have to bake the cauliflower crust and then add the toppings.

I also made a bean salad since Jack said he wants to try eating more beans. Okay, no laughing! It's pretty tasty and I had some for a snack but the photo and my post didn't upload.



Jill's Bean Salad for snack time
So tomorrow Jack is going to help me prep so I can make Minestrone soup - so yummy but so much work to prep! That will use up the leftover zucchini and some of the carrots.

Some of the parsnips and carrots will be used in my Pot Roast because it's going to be in the slow cooker for 8 hours in a gravy with parsnips, carrots and onions. Jack suggested I make cauliflower and cheese sauce tomorrow and we'll have it for lunch but I am tired just thinking about standing in the kitchen for that long! We'll see. I have to teach him how to make a decent cheese sauce! I do have that one extra cauliflower and it won't keep forever....









No comments:

Post a Comment